The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is seeking an Air Quality Program Coordinator in the Energy & Air Quality Department. This position is a mid-level position, which requires practical knowledge of environmental issues and the ability to educate key constituencies and influence behaviors through creative use of communication tools. The position is responsible for coordinating the Air Quality Awareness Program, including marketing, planning, and reporting. The Program Coordinator develops marketing strategies and serves as a spokesperson to the media and the public. The position is also responsible for the air quality forecasting services and contractor oversight. The list below shows the key work areas expected for this position.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on air quality for MORPC leadership, local government members, media, stakeholders and public.
- Provide on call support to broadcast Air Quality Alerts through press releases, social media, email platform and other means of communication.
- Manage air quality forecasting services and consultant to ensure quality work products.
- Respond to media requests and serve as spokesperson for the agency on air quality issues by performing TV, print and radio interviews subject to direction by the Public and Government Affairs Department.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan in coordination with the transportation demand management (TDM) program.
- Represent the agency at targeted community events and presentations.
- Foster relationships with key partners and stakeholders in the region.
- Organize Energy & Air Quality Working Group meetings in coordination with the chair and address relevant topics through educational programs and guest speakers.
- Track federal and state proposals and facilitate comment letters as they relate to air quality attainment status, alternative fuel vehicles, and National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ozone and particle pollution.
- Track and report measurable outcomes for programs.
- Develop familiarity with online platform used to track sustainable commutes.
- Develop familiarity with cultural diversity and apply efforts in daily business.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, environmental science, political science or a related field; and a minimum of two years experience in public affairs or communications; or any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Candidate must have intermediate-level ability with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
MORPC is an EOE/AAP employer. Hiring salary range is $35,000 - $45,000 commensurate with skills and experience. Please mail resume to or complete an application at MORPC, 111 Liberty St., Ste 100 Columbus, Ohio 43215, Attn: E&AQ-3-17, or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.