Ohio Energy Project is a nonprofit organization that increases students' and teachers' understanding of the science of energy and its efficient use through curriculum, classroom materials, training, and workshops. Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team as we inspire teachers and students to be energy leaders.
The Education Coordinator will develop, coordinate, and deliver high quality energy education programming.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate logistics for energy education programs including publicity, recruitment, registration, and facilities.
- Manage program supplies including orders and shipments.
- Organize and supervise special events, workshops and fairs including facilities, logistics, schedules, and supplies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funding partners.
- Coordinate teacher communication including email marketing, newsletters, flyers, event confirmation, mass mailings, and press releases.
- Provide communication and public relations for various school districts and communities.
- Manage day-to-day office operations and supplies as needed for all programming purposes.
- Innovatively use technology to improve marketing, communications, materials procurement, shipping, and scheduling.
Curriculum Development/Program Delivery:
- Develop and update energy curriculum aligned to Ohio's Learning Standards.
- Facilitate professional development workshops for educators.
- Facilitate student workshops at elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Facilitate OEP programs across the state of Ohio.
- Coordinate program evaluation including design, data collection and reporting.
- Fun-loving, passionate and driven to get things done!
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Nonprofit Management, or related field from a four-year institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Love of technology and software including Microsoft Office, email marketing sof, Google docs and databases.
- Minimum five years of experience in program facilitation, education and/or program management and training.
- Experience in event planning.
- Strong knowledge of science and scientific methodologies.
- Facilitation and/or classroom teaching skills and the ability to deliver content to teachers and students of all ages.
- Ability to set and work within deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive company van.
- Strong desire to constantly learn and try new things.
- Expected to have occasional travel throughout Ohio.
- Willingness to jump in and assist all programming aspects of the organization. We all wear many hats every day!
- Strong team player with a passion for education and/or energy.