Regional Director – Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
Top tier statewide campaign in Ohio is seeking a full-time Regional Director for an aggressive organizing, communications, and paid canvassing program. The Regional Director will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, political organizing, regional communications, and supervision of paid canvasser operation(s) within his/her assigned region. Regional Directors will report directly to their assigned Deputy Field Director and the Field Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Candidates must have a passion for community organizing and movement building, as well as a track record of managing programs that develop capacity to meet metrics-based goals on data-driven campaigns.
- Will build crucial relationship with leaders of the progressive movement.
- Managing organizers and canvassers to educate on progressive issues and get out the vote to boost progressives up and down the ballot.
- Must be familiar with using the VAN and spreadsheet software.
- 1-3 years relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience, one-to-one meetings, and team building.
- Ensuring that all staff is properly trained and consistently productive throughout the day.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing, paid canvassing recruitment and retention.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Monitoring metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with this metrics.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign.
- At least 1-2 cycles of competitive field experience.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities.
- Winning Mentality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.