The Ohio Environmental Council Action Fund is seeks Regional Coordinator to build power, presence, and relationships on behalf of our organization, and to organize citizens to get involved and make the protection of Ohio’s land, air and water a political priority. The ideal candidate will be a rising community leader who can serve as the OEC Action Fund ambassador to new networks as well as build long-lasting relationships with our members in the targeted region. This position is an opportunity to become the local resource on politics and the environment and to build strong relationships with elected officials, partner organizations, grasstops leaders, and grassroots advocates.
The Regional Coordinator reports to the Action Fund Director and is responsible for the following:
- Building a strong, sustainable, growing team of grasstop leaders advocating on energy, land, air, and water issues;
- Developing relationships with key, local opinion leaders, including elected officials and business leaders, who can play important, strategic roles in OEC Action Fund’s work;
- Creating and organizing a steady drumbeat of advocacy opportunities that further or fit into OEC Action Fund’s issue, accountability, electoral or public education campaigns;
- Organizing and attending community events and meetings as well as key points on the local political circuit that build OEC Action Fund’s presence in their region of Ohio;
- Keeping a steady pulse on the local political lay of the land and local environmental issues, sharing that knowledge with staff and key partners, and using those issues and opportunities to engage citizens in OEC Action Fund’s campaigns.
As a member of the Campaigns and Communications Center and Field Team, this position helps grow the organization through general public engagement and outreach. The individual is expected to be an executor focused on setting and achieving complex goals across a wide spectrum of campaigns and issues.
The Regional Coordinator must:
Work independently and part of a team to achieve a broad set of goals related to campaigns, issues, organizational development and growth, and policy solutions within their respective regions. They must be able to communicate effectively both internally and externally through written and oral communications.
Understand and work with the political landscape to build relationships and advance our agenda across a diverse set of individuals and organizations. Report out on work and progress to goal on numerous programs.
Adhere to the highest ethical standards. Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and our partners in the advocacy and environmental sector. Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- A track record of inspiring action and building a team;
- Excitement about sharing our work with new people every day, from the grassroots to the grasstops;
- The ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders. Be compelling in developing and maintaining valuable partnerships with business, government, and other organizations. Be creative about building bridges between and among competing interests;
- At least 3 years of effective campaign or leadership experience;
- A commitment to their region and raising the profile of environmental issues impacting the area and our state at large;
- The ability to break down complex issues into calls to action that connect with people personally and motivate them to get involved;
- A consistent approach to new ideas with a sense of possibility and a can-do attitude; The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people;
- A belief that who we elect matters and that the protection of Ohio’s land, air and water should be a political priority.
Salary depends on experience and is competitive. Excellent benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, generous paid time off, and employer-matched retirement fund.
About the OEC Action Fund
The Ohio Environmental Council Action Fund is the state's most comprehensive, effective and respected environmental advocate for a healthier, more sustainable Ohio. Our experts work daily to restore, protect, and strengthen the quality of life for families and communities — from the air we breathe and the water we drink to the food we eat and natural resources we enjoy. Find out more at www.theOECActionFund.org.
The OECAF is committed to inclusion and diversity. We seek to hire staff that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The OECAF prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, resume, sample campaign plan, and references to careers@theOEC.org with “Regional Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.