The OEC's Sara J. Mielke Endowment Fund provides an expanding source of stable funding to help the OEC weather the ups and downs of the economy. This helps keep the OEC strong and ensures that healthy air, land, and water will be enjoyed by generations to come.
The endowment fund is invested strategically to preserve its principal value. Interest earnings generated each year by the fund support OEC programs and operations. In this way, your initial gift will continue to support the OEC for years.
Sarah J. Mielke
The OEC's Endowment Fund was created in memory of one of Ohio's most dedicated young environmentalists, Sarah J. Mielke.
Sarah was an OEC Program Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator. She died in a tragic car crash on April 21, 1999, while returning from an Earth Day event in northern Ohio. Sarah lost her life in the line of duty - and the environmental community lost a great friend. Sarah will always be in our hearts and will continue to inspire our efforts.
A gift of cash, stocks, or bonds to the endowment fund will help ensure that the vital work that Sarah was so passionate about will continue for many years to come.
How to Give
All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Mail a check to:
Sarah J. Mielke Memorial Endowment Fund
Ohio Environmental Council
1145 Chesapeake Avenue, Suite I
Columbus, Ohio 43212
To learn more, please contact us at (614) 487-7506 or OEC@theOEC.org.
OEC Membership Benefits
- Being part of the team that secures healthy air, land, and water for all Ohioans.
- OEC's event invitations, announcements, and Greenwatch newsletter mailed or emailed to you.
- The opportunity to sharpen your citizen-activist skills through events and on-line action alerts.
- Reduced admission to events such as Environmental Lobby Day, Vernal Pool Workshops, and the Green Gala.
- Invitations to special Donor Recognition Events for Premier Members
- Two free tickets to the President's Dinner and all OEC events for Premier Members.
Exceptional Fiscal Responsibility
Charity Navigator, America's largest independent evaluator of charities, has awarded the Ohio Environmental Council the highest rating for fiscal health for eight years in a row, placing the OEC in the top 2% of all charities nationwide.