Cassie Johnson, Communications Associate, October 27, 2022
We are seeking an experienced, passionate, and innovative associate to support our work to maximize
recent federal investments in EV infrastructure. As an associate on the EV Infrastructure and Federal
Investments team, you will support projects to stretch dollars farther by driving public and private
partnerships to unlock additional capital, break down state and local barriers to deployment, create
technical support that can work at scale, and build capacity in government and within the stakeholder
community to support rapid adoption of transportation electrification solutions for all.
In this position, you will apply your skills and experience in the areas of electric vehicle policy or
deployment issues, stakeholder engagement, advocacy and campaigns, and writing and analysis. You
will work with multiple projects and multiple team members in a remote environment. Your strong bias
for action and record of delivering results will help us address the challenges of energy security, climate
change, and oil dependence.
Key Work Areas
• Contribute to writing projects including reports, policy briefs and white papers, op-eds, and
• Support convenings and building stakeholder relationships.
• Present information to public audiences through conferences, webinars, and other events.
• Support projects to achieve specific grant deliverables.
• Research and analysis of government and private sector EV-related policies, funding
opportunities, and deployment programs.
Our ideal candidate brings a suite of leadership skills, including a creative work style ready to engage
with new program areas. Additionally, successful candidates thrive in an environment with a dynamic
team that is highly mission driven, as well as the following:
• At least 1-3 years of experience in nonprofit, energy, electric vehicle, transportation,
government, policy, or political field (preference for candidates with experience in an electric
• Knowledge of electric vehicles, energy policy, energy security, and/or transportation policy (not
required). Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge of EV infrastructure
deployment or policy.
• Experience with research, data analysis, and report writing.
• Experience and aptitude with communications strategies and campaigns.
• An understanding of the United States system of government and how local, state, and federal
policies and programs interact and influence each other.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills combined with technical
expertise, providing you with the ability to translate relevant technical issues to general
• Ability to work at a fast pace, under pressure to meet deadlines.
• You love working as part of a team to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment.
• You are skilled at working in a remote environment and consider yourself a team player as well
as an excellent collaborator.
• You have a strong entrepreneurial/opportunistic approach to work and programs.
For more information on the job and how to apply visit: Infrastructure-Associate-Job-Description-2022-.pdf (electrificationcoalition.org)