Cassie Kelly, April 3, 2019
The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association announces an immediate opening for a Review Support Specialist. The successful applicant will join a team of bright and passionate individuals who are committed to upholding the integrity of the organic label and furthering the sustainable agriculture movement. Please consider applying if you have experience with food and agriculture, a strong work
ethic, and value a collaborative approach.
Review Support Specialists support technical staff by undertaking administrative review tasks related to renewal applications for organic certification. This work involves processing, classifying, and organizing incoming applications and inspection reports and providing prompt customer service. They participate in administrative tasks such as application check-in, tracking, and routing correspondence.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) based in our Columbus, OH office. Telecommuting is not an option. We expect this position to begin no later than May 20th , 2019.
Essential Job Functions
– Check-in applications for certification and evaluate them for completeness and consistency
– Verify that Inspection Reports are complete and request missing items from inspectors and
operators as necessary
– Verify priorities for renewal operations and route applications and reports accordingly
– Perform administrative tasks, including answering incoming calls, filing, and copying
– Assist with general office duties and additional projects
– Provide excellent customer service and assistance to certification clients
– Handle correspondence, fax, phone, and email communications in a consistently professional
– Work on special projects as assigned
– Stay current with changes in National Organic Program standards
– Implement OEFFA Certification policies and procedures
– Experience in the field with crops, livestock, food processing, and/or providing administrative
support and customer service
– Self-directed: takes initiative and is able to be self-sufficient
– Workflow management: outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
– Communications: exceptional skill in oral and written communications
– Collaborative: effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
– Relationship-building: skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with co-workers,
clients, and external stakeholders
– Prioritization: ability to prioritize, plan, and complete work on deadline
– Technology: excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word
– Standards: commitment to performing work with a high standard for consistency, accountability,
– Education: Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant field preferred
Salary commensurate with experience, in addition to health insurance, paid time off, holidays, and sick
leave, not to mention membership in a team which is dedicated to supporting our organic operations,
each other, and a growing organic industry.
Applications consist of three items: a cover letter, résumé, and names of three references (indicate
relationship to you). Please combine all of these in a single .pdf. In your cover letter please address how
your experience and background meet the requirements of the position. All application materials should
be submitted via email to email@example.com and addressed to Andy Hupp, Certification Program
Director. Please include the job title for which you are applying in the subject line. Applications received
by April 16th , 2019 will be assured full consideration.
OEFFA was formed in 1979 and is a tight-knit, membership-based grassroots organization, dedicated to
promoting and supporting sustainable, ecological, and healthful food systems. OEFFA Certification has
been in operation since 1981, providing organic certification services to farmers and food processors
throughout the Midwest. Our clients include grain growers, dairy farmers, mixed vegetable growers,
coffee roasters, meat processors, and everything in between.
We are attentive to the ways in which our organizational culture advances our progress towards fulfilling
our mission. The nature of our work necessitates that each staff member collaborates with others and
generously supports the work of colleagues and those we serve. We value individual and collective
creative problem-solving, commitment to shared responsibilities, integrity, initiative, and effective