Ohio Environmental Council, January 26, 2024
A majority of Ohioans want their elected leaders to act on climate, but extreme lawmakers passed gerrymandered maps that make it easier for them to ignore your community’s needs. This November, it’s time to put the mapmaking power back in citizens’ hands.
That’s why the OEC is recruiting the #OhioEnviro community to help our team gather signatures before July 3, 2024. Together, we can end gerrymandering in Ohio through the Citizens Not Politicians ballot initiative.
Here’s how you can help.
On this page, you’ll find everything you need to become a signature gatherer — also called a “petition circulator”— for the Citizens Not Politicians ballot initiative.
In January, the OEC’s Democracy Team held a virtual training to help prepare folks like you to collect Ohioans’ signatures no matter what part of the state you’re in.
To become an #OhioEnviro signature gatherer, you must:
1. Watch our training or read our slide presentation
2. Fill out this form to get a petition
3. Pick up a petition from an OEC staff member
After completing the OEC’s signature gathering 101 training, you will:
– Understand the basics of the Citizens Not Politicians ballot initiative
– Learn how to gather signatures for the amendment
– Be able to pick up a petition from the OEC
– Have everything you need to make a plan to gather your first signatures!
Have questions about the training? Reach out to our Democracy Team at any time for help:
Director of Climate &
Remember, please complete the follow up form even if you don’t live in Columbus. We’ll reach out to connect you with an OEC staffer or another organization supporting the campaign who can get you a petition.