The Ohio Mayors Alliance (OMA) is seeking an Operations and Events Coordinator to support the organization and its membership. The position includes managing the daily operations and administrative responsibilities of the office and planning and executing membership meetings and events. This person would be responsible for helping manage the finances of the organization, including funds from the membership, partner organizations, and grants. They would be primarily responsible for all office administrative duties, including website maintenance, office management, aiding the Executive Director in employee benefits management, and administrative support across departments.
- Manages office operations to ensure that administrative tasks are accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Manages the finances of the organization and associated responsibilities, including membership management, sponsorship management, and grant management. This would include processing invoices and checks.
- Provides general accounting and database support for internal OMA operations.
- Manages office account logins, passwords, network access, Google Workspace administration, and managing employee calendars.
- Assists the Executive Director with scheduling, outreach to partners, and other
responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assists in maintaining all office operations, including equipment and supplies, for staff and maintains a presentable office environment for visitors.
- Manages the administrative duties of employee benefits, including processing monthly invoices, managing enrolled employees, etc.
- Manages and updates the Ohio Mayors Alliance website to keep information accurate and up-to-date.
- Plans, organizes, and executes quarterly, in-person membership meetings for the organization, including working with venue staff and other vendors to coordinate logistics of the event and prepares the materials, print or digital, necessary for the event.
- Assists in the planning and execution of monthly virtual calls and other meetings that may occur throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- At least 2 years of experience in operations and/or event management or experience in local government, state government, public policy, or other nonprofit work.
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills, and enjoy working in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Salary range: $40,000 – $50,000, based on education, experience, and background. Additionally, the Ohio Mayors Alliance offers comprehensive insurance benefits.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations and Events Coordinator Application”.