The Ohio Environmental Council (OEC) seeks a Scenic River Intern to assist with the OEC’s Scenic River work. The Intern will work with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources in Central Ohio to assist in holding Stream Quality Monitoring (SQM) trainings, assist at SQM / Scenic Rivers public programming, collecting data on Scenic Rivers, entering in the data into a water quality monitoring database, and assist with invasive species management as needed.
- Assist Scenic River Coordinators to plan and implement Stream Quality Monitoring (SQM) trainings
- Collect data using SQM on streams around the state
- Assist with invasive species management
- Trash cleanups
- Creation of blogs for the newsletter highlighting
- Capturing photos of programming, the rivers, and the bugs for use in ODNR outreach materials
- Assisting with other Scenic Rivers regional work if scheduling allows
- Support volunteer workshops
- Biology background in aquatic entomology and knowledge of macroinvertebrates preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Access to a car for travel
The Intern will be paid $10.10 per hour and will work at least 10 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible depending on the Intern’s availability and agency needs. Extension of the internship at reduced hours may be possible.
Send your resume to Careers@theOEC.org with “Scenic Rivers Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply for this position is by the close of business on April 18th.